BUY MY COOKBOOK: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Read the blog post here: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/
Learn how to make a melting candle rainbow cake perfect for any birthday in this video tutorial.
• 8" cake, prepared and covered in buttercream
• Assorted shapes and sizes of candles
• 1/4-1/2 cup prepared buttercream in each color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
1. Place each prepared buttercream into a small microwavable dish, and starting with one colour only, melt the buttercream for 30 (or until the buttercream is pourable)
2. Using a small spoon, pour about a tablespoon of the liquid buttercream along the edge of the cake, and gently push it over the side so that it drips down. Repeat with the same colour in two other locations (roughly equal distances apart from each other)
3. Repeat with each of the other colours of the buttercream, lining the colours up in rainbow "order" (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
4. Once the initial "wheel" of colour has been "melted" around the cake, the buttercream will have thickened slightly. Using this thickened buttercream, drip more on top of the initial layer, giving more of a melted appearance.
5. Starting with the longest/tallest candles in the middle, place the candles in the corresponding colour area, and work the candles outwards towards the edge of the cake.
Visit my blog at: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com