BUY MY COOKBOOK: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Read the blog post here: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/
Learn how to make an OPI nail polish cake in this video tutorial.
Visit IHaveACupcake: www.youtube.com/IHaveACupcake
• 3 x 6" round cake
• 5 cupcakes
• Coloured buttercream (I used purple)
• Black buttercream
• Black fondant
• letter cutters (Get them here: amzn.to/1xNTm1C)
• paint brush (approximately 10" long)
• piping bag and small round tip
1. Stack the 3 cakes one on top of each other, and apply a thin layer of buttercream in between each cake layer.
2. Place cake in freezer to solidify to enable easier carving.
3. Once cake is frozen, you can begin to carve. Using a serrated knife, carve a small downward sloping section off of the top outer edge of the cake.
4. From the bottom of the cake, where it meets the cake board, carve out a downward facing slope, that gently angles up toward the middle of the bottle. Once the cake is shaped, carve off any rough or angled sections that aren't needed.
5. Cover cake in coloured buttercream using a cake spatula.
6. Attach an upside down, leveled cupcake in the middle of the top of the bottle. Using the coloured buttercream, and a small round tip, pipe the "thread" of the bottle onto the cupcake. Put cake in the fridge to set again if desired.
7. For the handle, level and stack together 4 cupcakes. Cover in black buttercream. If desired you can use skewers or dowels to secure the cupcakes together.
8. Using letter cutters, cut out OPI NAIL LACQUER and place onto the front of the cake. In between the O and P is a small dot, so cut one of those out as well, and repeat for between the P and I as well. Cut out a 4" long, thin strip of black fondant for placement between the OPI and NAIL. Repeat for a horizontal strip that is placed below the work LACQUER as well.
9. Place the nail polish bottle handle (black cupcakes) onto the cake board in front of the nail polish bottle. Using the coloured buttercream, pipe a "spill" onto the board.
10. Insert the paint brush into the end of the cupcake "handle" to complete the cake.
11. Serve the cake when desired- it is best consumed within 2-3 days, and should be kept in the fridge.
Visit my blog at: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com