Learn how to make sweet and yummy Ras Malai - Popular Indian Sweet Dessert Recipe By Ruchi Bharani
Ras Malai is a dessert, often eaten at festivals or major celebrations. There are various types of Ras Malai and every variety has a distinct taste and appearances. Learn how to make this simple and easy to make quick homemade desert recipe.
The following Quantity serves three.
1 Liter full fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups of cold milk
1 Tsp Cardamom powder
Few strands of saffron
Few drops of yellow colour
Few almond & pistachio flakes
- Boil one liter of full fat milk. Let the milk boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Soak few saffron strands to 2 tbsp of milk. Keep this aside.
- Occasionally keep steering the milk and also scrape out the cream that's stuck to the rim.
- Add powdered sugar to a bowl of milk. Also add few drops of yellow color and keep steering till the sugar is nicely dissolved.
- Squeeze out the entire sugar syrup from the rasgullas and soak them in this mixture. Let them soak in the milk for some time.
- Add sugar in the boiling milk. Allow it to reduce.
- Once the milk is boiled for 14 to 15 minutes, add cardamom powder.
- Add the soaked saffron mixture to the milk. Let it boil for a minute.
- Allow the milk to cool down at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Add few drops of yellow color in the milk.
- Finally add the soaked rasgullas in this milk.
- Rasgullas are ready to plate.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachio flakes and chopped almond flakes. Serve it chilled.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share on Facebook - goo.gl/GZQo3i
Tweet about this - goo.gl/SiFsQP
Subscribe & Stay Tuned - www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood
For more videos log onto www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus plus.google.com/+rajshrifood