For more info: draxe.com/hair-loss-remedies/
The cause of hair loss is linked to an increase in an androgen hormone called DHT (DiHydroxy Testosterone). Managing this and other hormones is key to halting and reversing hair loss.
In this video I go over the 6 compounds that you should be consuming to balance your hormones and keep your hair full and healthy.
1. Saw Palmetto is an herb that's been shown to block DHT. Supplement with 1500mg per day
2. Adaptogenic Herbs help your body adapt and deal with stress, balance hormones and reduce cortisol levels (also known as the aging hormone). Ashwaganda and Rhodiola are two of the adaptogenic herbs that help stop and reverse hair loss. Take 500mg of each per day.
3. Pumpkin Seed Oil is packed with zinc which has been shown to stop hair loss. Supplement with 1 Tbsp per day.
4. B-Complex vitamins - Biotin helps thicken your hair naturally and Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) supports your adrenal glands
5. Zinc boosts your immune system and repair your gut
6. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) reduce inflammation and balance hormones, Look for a high quality fish oil like Axe Naturals, Garden of Life or Nordic Naturals.
Bonus Tip: Grains and sugars feed bad bacteria, cause estrogen to increase, and cause DHT to increase which promotes hair loss.
See more healthy videos and articles on my website www.draxe.com
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.