The Making of... Part 5 / 5. US/Canada Hollywood's biggest studio TimeWarner releases DAVID & LAYLA: Movies On Demand in 50+ million homes via 100+ Cable TV & Digital sites, including Download at iTunes, Amazon VOD, Netflix, FIOS...
DVD with Bonus Features at 15+ sites: Critics' Choice, Best Buy, Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Nobles, Borders, Family Video, Deep Discount, TCM- Turner Classic Movies. More at movie site: www.DavidandLayla.com
International: DVD- Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Norway. Plz Google David & Layla DVD in your country. DVD at major stores and internet sites such as Amazon.
For release info in all other countries, please join Facebook David & Layla: www.facebook.com/pages/David-Layla/9069090891
Or, email a short inquiry to international Sales Agent: in Paris LES FILMS SINGULIERS at SingFilms@yahoo.fr
and cc to DavidandLayla@NewrozFilms.com
DAVID & LAYLA inspired by a true story, a Romeo & Juliet political comedy about the sparks that fly when a Jew and a Muslim fall in love in New York. • Official Selection at 28 International Film Festivals, 8 Awards
• It won Audience Award against La Vie en Rose, 2 Days in Paris and Lady Chatterley among the top 'Love' films of International Cinema at the oldest Amour film festival in the world held during Valentine week in Europe- Mons International Love Films Festival.
VARIETY, NEW YORK TIMES, WASHINGTON POST, LOS ANGELES TIMES, LA WEEKLY
+ 'Guess Who Is Coming to Dinner' for the 21st Century. An earnest, frequently funny comedy. Boasts a brand of chutzpah that highlights 'the anything possible' side of America with energy to burn. Shiva Rose (Layla) excels" - Lisa Nesselson, Variety.
+ "Love, Sex, Belly Dancing and Religious Differences: The star-crossed romance David & Layla is layered with sharply observed cultural details. The movie works thanks to the charm of its leads and the writer and director Jay Jonroy's observations about Jewish and Muslim family life." - Matt Zoller Seitz, The New York Times.
+ "Cross Cultural Romance with a Positive Message." - Michael Ordoña, Los Angeles Times.
+ "Take the star-crossed romance of Romeo & Juliet, add some graphic sexual humor a la The 40-Year-Old Virgin and toss into the crucible of Middle East politics, and you get David & Layla, a frothy romantic comedy.
David & Layla is suffused with the warmth and passion of the filmmaker Jay Jonroy." - Ann Hornaday, The Washington Post.
+ "It's hard not to be infected by the good humor and sheer joie de vivre of 'David & Layla'." - Ella Taylor, LA Weekly. Trailer, Film Clips, Photos, 25 Reviews, Press Kit... at official movie site: DavidandLayla.com
• "A bold, politically relevant film against impossible odds." - Harold Pinter, Nobel Laureate, Oscar Nominee, Screenwriter & Playwright (London.)
• It won Grand Prix du Public at Rabat, Morocco Festival International du Cinema d'Auteur, 2008. Award presentation by Minister of Culture.
• It was featured at the Panorama's Closing Night at the Verona, Italy International Amore Film Festival as a modern interpretation of Romeo & Juliet.
• "The performances are another virtue. Boyish, reedy Moscow is fresh, immensely likable and amusing, while Rose boasts classic beauty, stoic dignity and an ability to pull off her character's rare but striking angry outbursts." - Sid Smith, Chicago Tribune.
• "My big, fat, Jewish-Muslim wedding. Writer/Director Jay Jonroy has done a fine job-Tom Tugend, The Jerusalem Post.
• "Let's call for a ceasefire in the hostilities in the Middle East, require all combatants to take a 106-minute break and watch this movie. My hearty, must-see endorsement." - Keith D Cohen, Jewish Chronicle.
• "Could have been another My Big Fat Greek Wedding but its originality and insight set it apart. David and Layla is a superior variation on that film with unexpected insights.' - Joe Baltake, Independent Film Critic.