The wonderful flavors of China have made it into the hearts a many world-wide. The crispness of the vegetables, along with the spice and the tender and juicy Chicken, has made this a winner in our books. Enjoy this amazing dish and your biggest worry will be how to stop eating...
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs - 1lb (approx 1/2 kg)
Salt - to taste
Pepper- to taste
Cornstarch - 1.5 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli - 4-5 or to taste, cut
Oil - 4 tbsp
Ginger - 2 tbsp, minced
Garlic - 2 tbsp, minced
Green Chillies - to taste, slit
Onion - 1/2 medium, chopped
Red Bell Pepper - 1/3rd, chopped
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1/3rd, chopped
Green Bell Pepper - 1/3rd, chopped
Soy Sauce - 3 tbsp
Sambal or Chilli Sauce - 2 tbsp or to taste
White Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Spring Onions - 2 sprigs, cut diagonally
1. Wash the chicken well and lightly sprinkle Salt, Pepper and Cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a wok-style pan, heat Oil on medium-high heat.
3. Drop the Chicken in so as to not let it clump, separate the pieces so they get coated in Oil and get evenly coated.
4. Cook uncovered stirring frequently. Allow the Chicken to cook all the way through.
5. To check, cut a piece of chicken and if there is no pink, it's done.
6. With a slotted spoon, pull the chicken to the side, drain all the excess Oil and keep aside.
7. In the same Oil, add in the chopped Dry Red Chillies and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add in the Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies, mix and cook for a minute.
9. Add in the Onion and the Bell-Pepper and cook for another minute or so.
10. Add in the Soy Sauce, Chilli Sauce and the Vinegar. Mix.
11. Add the Chicken.
12. Cook until the sauce coats the Chicken and the Vegetables.
13. Once done, turn off the flame and add in the Spring Onions.
14. Toss once again and serve immediately with Noodles, Fried Rice or Steamed Rice.
Check out the ShowMeTheCurry Channel: www.youtube.com/showmethecurry