SUBSCRIBE Here: bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
WRITTEN RECIPES available on my website: bit.ly/MugCakesRecipe
JUST RELEASED! NEW Mug Meals: bit.ly/MugMealsBTSVid
Watch my Bold Baking Basics series: bit.ly/PowderedSugarVid
WATCH more Bigger Bolder Baking videos:
* 1 Minute Mug Pies: bit.ly/GemmasMugPieVid
* 5 Mug Breakfasts: bit.ly/GemmasBreakfastsinaMug
Hi Bold Bakers! Let's make 5 BIG & BOLD Mug Cakes, which are impressive treats for after school snacks, birthday surprises or any time of year! Enjoy!
FULL RECIPES for all 5 Mug Cakes are on my website: bit.ly/MugCakesRecipe
FULL RECIPES BELOW (BASED ON 1100 WATT MICROWAVE)
FUNFETTI MUG CAKE
Yields 2 cakes
2 tablespoons (2oz/ 60g) unsalted butter
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
6 tablespoons (50g/ 1 3/4 oz) self-rising flour ( to make SF flour add 2 tsp of baking powder to 150g/6oz/1 cup plain flour)
tiny pinch of kosher salt
1. Place the butter in a large mug and microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
2. Add the egg and whisk it in with a fork.
3. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
4. Add the flour and salt. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
5. Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave separately for 50 seconds each until risen. Take care not to overcook or the cake will dry out fast.
6. Top with my bubble gum buttercream frosting bit.ly/GemmasFunfettiCake
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUG CAKE
Makes 2 mug cakes
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetend cocao powder
1. Mash the banana in a large mug with a fork.
2. Add the nut butter and egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Stir in the sugar and cocoa and beat until smooth.
4. Divide the batter between two mugs.
5. Microwave separately for 1 minutes each until risen and firm. (every microwave is different so cooking may vary)
6. Take care not to over cook or the cake will dry out fast.
7. Best eaten straight away
RED VELVET MUG CAKE
Makes 1 cake
4 tbsp flour
4 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp buttermilk (substitute sour cream or yogurt if not available)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp red food coloring
Cream cheese frosting recipe is in this video : youtu.be/LLjHDpj_bmQ
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together into an oversized mug using a fork until batter is smooth.
2. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined
3. Cook in microwave for 50 seconds. . (every microwave is different so cooking may vary)
4. Be careful not to overcook as batter will become dense and rubbery.
5. Let cake cool slightly before piping on cream cheese frosting.
APPLE CRUMBLE MUG CAKE
1 small mug cake
3 tablespoons flour
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon applesauce
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. In a small mug, mix together dry ingredients very well.
2. Add applesauce and mix until just combined (it will be thick and sticky) and then add veg oil, milk and vanilla and stir until wet; do not over mix.
3. For the crumble: In a separate bowl, combine 1 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of brown sugar with a fork until combined.
4. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. (every microwave is different so cooking may vary). Take care not to over cook the cake or it will dry out fast.
5. Serve with ice cream and salted caramel sauce
RAINBOW MUG CAKE
Yields 4 mug cakes
½ cup (100g) white sugar
1 sticks (100g) butter, softened at room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cups (110g/ 4oz) All purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, food colouring
Cream cheese frosting for serving. Watch: bit.ly/1j7hSiU
1. In a large bowl cream the sugar and butter together until light in colour and fluffy in texture - about 3 minutes. Use a hand whisk.
Crack in an eggs, mix in well, and follow with the nxt egg. and pour in the vanilla extract. Beat for another minute until well combined.
2. Add in the dry ingredients until just combined - don't over-mix!
3. Divide the mixture as evenly as you can between 5 bowls.
4. Add a couple of drops of food colouring to each bowl and mix very gently. - again, do not over-mix!
5. Spoon the colors between the 4 mugs one spoonful at a time. Lay the different colored cake batter on top to create a marbled effect
6. Microwave for 45 seconds (every microwave is different so cooking may vary)
7. Take care not to over cook the cake or it will dry out fast.
8. Decorate your cake with my cream cheese frosting. (see Red Velvet cake recipe above)