A sweet and serrated summer camp comedy—Narrated by JOHN CUSACK with an incredible 80's soundtrack. Join the conversation: Send comments & questions about #Summerhood to the Writer/Director @ twitter.com/JacobMedjuck
"Had me gut laughing" - Ain't It Cool News
"One of the best films about childhood, EVER" - Collider
The film was invited to screen at PIXAR and Harvard.
And won BEST FEATURE and AUDIENCE AWARDs at over a dozen festivals.
Summerhood is also on NETFLIX, iTunes (and Vimeo) but I wanted to share it with as many people as possible—that is why I'm uploading our film to YouTube for FREE.
So many incredible people worked on this project.
I am deeply grateful to them all. We hope you enjoy the movie!
If you have any questions, tweet/follow me @JacobMedjuck
After living out a childhood dream, getting to animate on projects for DreamWorks, Disney and Fox—I went door to door for two years to raise the money to film Summerhood on 35mm. We shot for 30 days at the summer camp I went to as a kid. Almost every embarrassing scene in the film is true!
And the soundtrack for this film is incredible:
• Boys Don’t Cry” - The Cure
• Catch the Wind” - Donovan
• Centerfold - J.Geils Band
• Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
• A Summer Song” - Performed by Chad & Jeremy
• All Out of Love” - Performed by Air Supply
• Green Hearts - Luxury
• Good Time Music - Jack Stack A Track
• Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
• I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew
• Marriage of Figaro: Overture - By Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
• Listen to the Music - Doobie Bros.
• Little Boxes - Pete Seeger
• The Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics
• Love Theme from St. Elmo’s Fire - David Foster
• Lovers in a Dangerous Time - Bruce Cockburn
• (Make Me Do) Anything You Want - A Foot in Cold Water
• Music Box Dancer - Frank Mills
• Ooh La La - Rod Stewart, Faces
• Ride of the Valkyries” - Performed by the Toronto Symphony
• Sister Christian” - Night Ranger
• Spirit In the Sky - Norman Greenbaum
• Sunshine on My Shoulders - John Denver
• Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders