Mp3/transcript of this episode: tmblr.co/ZTb1Dv1Z7-6tl
Get Brendon's new book free: MotivationManifesto.com
Join Brendon's 2MIL FB fans: FB.com/BrendonBurchardFan
Tweet Brendon: twitter.com/brendonburchard
In this episode of The Charged Life, high performance coach and #1 New York Times bestselling self-help author Brendon Burchard shares simple ways to learn FASTER.
This is Brendon speaking freestyle, recorded in one take without prompter or notes. Post your comments and questions for him below, and he might do an episode answering your question freestyle.
1. You have to know what you want of your life before you become a master learner. If you don’t know what your goals are or dream life should look like, you don’t know WHAT to learn and, worse, you won’t be COMMITTED to truly learning it. Advanced learning requires clear focus and a definitive WHY for learning - without these you won’t stay disciplined enough to learn anything with real depth.
2. Avoid starting from scratch. With no model to begin from - no example or strategy you are following - you’re reinventing the wheel and doomed to waste time. So, what proven framework, person, strategy, or step-by-step instruction are you following in order to learn this new area?
3. Make a PRACTICE of mastering skillsets. A practice is a recurring habit or routine that deepens your skill in any given area. The important thing here is to make a daily practice of anything you truly want to learn. Without daily exposure and immersion in the area you are trying to learn you will never achieve mastery. Learning must be an everyday discipline.
4. Get feedback. As you begin something new, all leaps forward, all major advancement, rests on getting immediate feedback and direction. Learning is a social process, so ask other people for suggestions and direction as you move forward so you can adjust your approach. Don't listen to the haters, but never forget their can be valuable feedback from others even if you don't like how they delivered it.
5. Have a deadline. Without a timeline for developing your competencies, you’ll never act or you’ll fall off track. No deadline means guaranteed distraction. So, WHEN do you need to learn this new topic or reach the next level of skill? What’s the consequence if you don’t learn it by then? Knowing the answer to these two questions will accelerate your learning.
Watch the video and get the mp3/transcript here: tmblr.co/ZTb1Dv1Z7-6tl
ABOUT BRENDON BURCHARD
Brendon Burchard is one of the most followed personal development trainers of our time and he is in the Top 100 Most Followed Public Figures on Facebook. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, his books include The Motivation Manifesto, The Charge, The Millionaire Messenger, and Life’s Golden Ticket. He is also the founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal development program for achievers, and Experts Academy, the world’s most comprehensive marketing training for authors, speakers, coaches, and online thought leaders. For these works, Larry King named Brendon "one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world."
After a car accident at 19 years old inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dreams, and then having the blessings to become a multimillionaire writer and trainer by the age of 32, Brendon has dedicated his life to helping others find their charge and share their voice with the world. His posts now reach more than 10,000,000 people per week worldwide, and he is the star and executive producer of the #1 self-help show on Youtube. His podcast, The Charged Life, debuted at #1 on iTunes across all categories in multiple countries.
Meet Brendon at www.BrendonBurchard.com
ABOUT THE CHARGED LIFE
The Charged Life is a weekly self-help show full of #motivation, #inspiration, and #high performance strategies with bestselling author, motivational speaker and High Performance Academy founder Brendon Burchard. Filmed in one take, without any notes or prompter, the show has become one of the most viewed direct-to-camera self-help series in the history of Youtube. It's also been the #1 Podcast in all of iTunes and is regularly in the top podcasts in Self-Help and Health categories around the globe. Subscribe to the free motivational podcast here: itun.es/i66Y78r
The Charged Life Blog on Tumblr: brendonburchard.tumblr.com
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE OR ITUNES
Never miss a video, and join the Youtube community living the fully charged life: j.mp/BrendonsYouTube
Download all the audios of these episodes via iTunes: j.mp/THE_CHARGED_LIFE