This method explains the full proof method to Root your Samsung Galaxy Crand Duos GT I9082 phone without losing a single file or details on your phone.
Please download the software required from the below link:
Samsung Kies Download Link:
CWM Touch I9082 Download Link:
Odin Version 3 Download Link:
Update Super SU Download Link:
1. Please download the 4 files from the given links. The 4 files will have the Samsung Kies, Odin 307, the CWM Touch 19082.tar.zip and Update Super SU Version 1.25
2. 2. Please install Samsung Kies at first to your PC. Rest of the files you can keep it extracted except for "Update Super SU" zip file.
3. You need to have a Micro SD card attached to your phone as this process will not work without it.
4. Ok so now connect your phone to the PC using the data cable. Now transfer the Update Super SU file to the SD Card. Please keep it on the root folder of SD card.
5. Now unplug the cable from the phone, and start your rooting process. Press the volume down key + Home Button + Lock key at the same time. Keep holding it, even though you may take a screenshot in the process till the reboot screen appears.
6. Now Tap Volume Button Up button to Continue. Now after this go ahead and connect the phone to PC via the data cable. Now extract the Odin folder and extract it. Then go to Odin file and right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
7. Then if you have installed Samsung Kies properly the top button will turn blue so that is perfect now. Now click on PDA, and then navigate to the other file with the name "CWM Touch 19082.tar (keep the file extracted beforehand). Now make sure in this opened window. the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is checked. Then hit "Start".
8. Now this is the important part, please keep an eye on the download process bar on your phone and once it complete and you see your phone is starting to restart, at this moment you need to go tot he kernel of the phone. DO NOT allow your phone to restart in full at this time.
9. Press the power up + Home + Lock button at the same time to go to the kernel of the phone. Let the keys go once you see the Samsung Galaxy Grand...... text is displayed again on your phone.
10. So now you will be in recovery mode and the volume buttons are used to navigate and power button is to select. Select "Install zip from SD Card". Choose from SD Card and select the zip folder called "Update Super SU.zip" file and click install. Once done please press "Go Back" button and select restart the phone. Again press "Go Back" button to restart your phone and start it.
11. Give some time to reboot and you will see the file Super SU on your phone. So indicating it is done.
To be double sure please go to Google App Store on your phone and install the app "Root Checker". After installing the app hit Check button in it. There you must find SU Access Granted.
12. That's it Done and Enjoy.
For those who have purchased the handset at later stages, the firmwares have changed so for those you need to root following this link: