This video shows you the simplest way to make a song your ringtone on any iPhone without jailbreaking it and the best thing it's FREE. I am currently using the new iTunes 11.0.2
Works with iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G & iPhone 2g.
1. Plug in your iPhone and open iTunes, and then click "itunes" (top left next to the apple) then "perferences" make sure tones is selected.
2. Choose the song you want your ringtone to be, right click it and go to "get info".
3. Go to the options tab, and select your start and stop time (basically choose your favorite bit of the song and then click "OK".
4. Right click that same song again, and click "create AAC version".
5. You will then see a duplicate version of the song in your iTunes music library (should be underneath the original song).
6. Click and hold the new duplicate version of the song (should be max 40 seconds long), and then drag it to the desktop.
7. Rename the song you dragged instead of "M4A" change it to "M4R". Then a pop up will appear, and make sure you choose "M4R" again so it changes it otherwise it will not work.
8. Next go back to your library delete that duplicate song, as you don't need it as you have the song on your desktop. Next right click on the original track in your library and go to "options" and uptick the "start" and "stop" times. This means you can listen to the whole song again.
9. Drag your ringtone file on your desktop back into the library.
10. Now click on your iPhone (top right), and then choose "tones", your ringtone should be there.
11. Sync your iPhone
12. Once your iPhone has synced go to setting, sounds, ringtones and your ringtone should be at the top of the pile.
13. Enjoy :)
Background music - "Wallpaper" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Facebook - on.fb.me/PCzieI
Twitter - bit.ly/XpiRCs
Blog - supermappleman.com