Join us on facebook
1. While running in the 400m race in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, Redmond's hamstring snapped and he couldn't continue. However, he still completed the race with the help of his father.
2. Like him or not, Steven Gerrard is a legend. In the 2013-14 season, Gerrard had the chance of winning the elusive EPL trophy he had been longing to get his hands on for such a long time. Some say they deserved it that season, but seeing a legend not getting his due is always heartbreaking even if you're not his fan.
3. Magic Johnson announces his retirement in 1991 after testing HIV positive.
One of the best basketball players the world has seen and his career was cut short due to this horrible news.
4. The God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar, retires after a 24 year career.
It is just painful to know that we won't see that glorious straight drive again. The messiah of Indian cricket team bows out finally, leaving billions heartbroken.
5. Phil Hughes collapses after being struck by a bouncer.
Phil was 63 not out. He will remain unbeaten on that score for all of eternity.
6. The most glamorous footballer of his time, David Beckham retired after his final game for Paris Saint Germain in 2013. An illustrious career that needs no description and commands nothing but respect.
7. On April 30th, 1993, Seles got stabbed by a Steffi Graf fan while she was playing a quarterfinal match in Hamburg, Germany. Seles and Graf were often battling for the top spot in tennis and were great rivals on the court.
8. Cristiano Ronaldo cries after losing the Euro 2004 final to Greece in his home country, Portugal.
The youngster had taken the world by storm and was in fine form. His hopes of winning the final and first major silverware were crushed. He had performed with all his heart.
9. Argued to be one of the best drivers in the modern era of F1, the Brazilian was only 34 years old when his car crashed on the 7th Lap at the San Marino Grand Prix in Imola, Italy. Head injuries during the crash proved to be fatal. Millions around the world wept for the great racer.
10. South Africa has always been unlucky when it comes to World Cups and many would argue that they do deserve a trophy. A fighting finish saw their campaign end during the 2015 World Cup and when you see a warrior like ABD cry, you can't help but feel bad.
11. Federer needed only one Grand Slam to equal Pete Sampras' record of 14 majors. He looks at the trophy and can't stop his emotions from pouring out and as he knows that his wait for glory will be extended a little further.
12. Lionel Messi is heartbroken after Argentina lost in the 2014 World Cup final to Germany.
Many would say this was his chance of winning the World Cup since he is at the prime of his career. He did receive the Golden Ball, but the cup mattered more to the little wizard.
13. Valencia lost 5-4 on penalties and it is by far the worst way to lose a final. They were the underdogs in the match and Canizares' outpour of emotion was heartbreaking. It also led to a moment of true sportsmanship by Kahn, who refused to celebrate before consoling his Spanish counterpart.
14. Eddie Guerrero was a charismatic wrestler whose sudden demise shocked millions around the world. The stars from the RAW roster wept at the tragic loss of such a talented wrestler and an amazing human being. Eddie died of acute heart failure on Nov 13, 2005.