SUBSCRIBE HERE: bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
WRITTEN RECIPE HERE: www.biggerbolderbaking.com/best-ever-carrot-cake/
Learn the secrets to my best-ever Carrot Cake recipe & how to easily make great cream cheese frosting.
JUST RELEASED! Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting: bit.ly/CCPancakesVid
NEW Small Batch Cupcakes (inclu. Carrot Cake): bit.ly/CupcakesVideo
WATCH more Bigger Bolder Baking Cake Videos:
* Vanilla Birthday Cake: bit.ly/BirthdayCakeVid
* Best-Ever Chocolate Cake: bit.ly/GemmasChocolateCake
* Double Rainbow Cake: bit.ly/GemmasRainbowCake
* "Naked" Wedding Cake: bit.ly/GemmasNakedCake
* Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake: bit.ly/gemmasrvcheesecake
* Funfetti Celebration Cake: bit.ly/GemmasFunfettiCake
Hi Bold Bakers! Every baker needs a great carrot cake recipe and that’s exactly what I’ll show you this week. This cake is moist, delicious and the perfect springtime dessert. Plus, I’ll share my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe that will give you a perfect result anytime. So let’s get baking!
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Best-Ever Carrot Cake Recipe
Adapted from Avoca Handweavers Cafe: bit.ly/AvocaCafe
2 Cups(400g/14oz) caster sugar
2 Cups (400ml/14oz) sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 ¾ Cups (400g/14oz) flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
(400g/14oz) carrots (finely grated)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 1/2 cups (1 lb 4 oz/574g) powdered sugar, sifted lightly to remove any lumps
1 lb (16oz/454g) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup (4oz/120g )unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Whisk together sugar, eggs and oil until thick.
2. Then add in flour and cinnamon and mix gently
3. Lastly, add in the grated carrots and raisins and mix in until well combined.
4. Grease and line a 9” tin. You can also use this recipe to make 2 x 900g/2lb loat tins
5. Pour mixture into tins and place in the oven at 340oF (170oC) for 70- 80 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
6. Leave to cool in tins for 10mins then turn onto a cooling rack.
7. To prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy (do not overbeat). Chill until needed.
8. Decorate as desire.