This Margherita pizza with cauliflower crust is a healthy delicious meal perfect for each time of the day. Easy recipe and really tasty, also it holds really good and you can eat it with your hands as a regular pizza. Was pleasantly surprised of how wonderful it turned and how delicious it is. Also it is a very good twist for those who need gluten-free recipes as this cauliflower crust pizza is gluten-free.
Makes 1 large pizza - 3 or 4 servings
1 medium cauliflower (about 750g)
1 cup (100g) ground almonds
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp tomato sauce
3 or 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
4.5 oz (130 g) Mozzarella cheese, sliced
fresh basil or parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare the cauliflower crust. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and place in the bowl of your food processor, and process until finely chopped, like rice. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool a little.
3. Place the cooked cauliflower into a tea towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it and transfer to a clean bowl.
4. Turn the oven up to 470F (240C).
5. Add almonds, eggs, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with oil. Place the cauliflower mixture into the center and using a spoon and hands spread it out onto a 12 inch (30 cm) round.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool a little.
8. Spread tomato sauce over the crust, add Mozzarella cheese slices, tomato slices on top, chopped fresh basil leaves or parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Let cool a bit before serving and add some more fresh basil/parsley leaves on top. Enjoy!!
For the full recipe check my blog: