British Pathé captured many extraordinary events on film over its 80 year history but sometimes the cameras were switched on when tragedy struck. From Franz Reichelt's death jump off the Eiffel Tower to the Hindenburg Disaster, here are 10 tragedies caught on film.
For Archive Licensing Enquiries Visit: goo.gl/W4hZBv
Explore Our Online Channel For FULL Documentaries, Fascinating Interviews & Classic Movies: goo.gl/7dVe8r
#BritishPathé #History #Tragedy #Film
Subscribe to the British Pathé YT Channel: goo.gl/hV1nkf
1. Franz Reichelt's Death Jump off the Eiffel Tower: goo.gl/82bpY3
2. Emily Davison (Suffragette) killed by King's Horse at Derby: goo.gl/4OjbNx
3. Frank Lockhart's fatal bid for speed record: goo.gl/rS2A4V
4. Hindenburg Disaster: goo.gl/CCCqP
5. HMS Barham Explodes and Sinks: goo.gl/nKwicH
6. The Farnborough Air Show Tragedy: goo.gl/HTmSCG
7. Le Mans Disaster: goo.gl/8MuozM
8. Trapped Pilot Drowns in Sinking Cockpit: goo.gl/M2pEHC
9. Bird Man Death Jump: goo.gl/JSqSVd
10. Donald Campbell Dies in Bluebird Crash: goo.gl/p8wYFW
Lest We Forget by Mark Harris of The Abstracts
See the 10 tragedies gallery and their links on our website here:
BRITISH PATHÉ'S STORY Before television, people came to movie theatres to watch the news. British Pathé was at the forefront of cinematic journalism, blending information with entertainment to popular effect. Over the course of a century, it documented everything from major armed conflicts and seismic political crises to the curious hobbies and eccentric lives of ordinary people. If it happened, British Pathé filmed it.
Now considered to be the finest newsreel archive in the world, British Pathé is a treasure trove of 85,000 films unrivalled in their historical and cultural significance.