Paneer, basic recipe which is an integral part of the Indian cuisine.
Recipe Link : www.tarladalal.com/Paneer-39276r
Subscribe : goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Many a tasty creation has paneer, or cottage cheese, as its base. Be it a soft milky dessert, a refreshing salad, a flavourful subzi, pulao, roti, or any other paneer creation, the secret of its success can be attributed to the quality of the paneer used. And no store-bought paneer can be as good as a fresh, homemade batch. So, here is how you can make tasty paneer at home.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes. Makes 1¼ cups paneer cubes.
2 litres full-fat milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Put the milk to boil in a large pan, while stirring occasionally.
2. When it starts boiling, switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
3. Add the lemon juice gradually, while stirring gently and wait for 2 minutes.
4. Once the milk has curdled, strain using a muslin cloth. This is crumbled paneer.
5. If you want solid paneer, place the paneer into the muslin cloth in a 125 mm. (5") paneer mould or any mould. Press it with a lid.
6. Remove the paneer from the muslin cloth and after 1 hour, cut into even sized cubes or grate it and use as required.
Handy Tip: To store paneer, place it in enough water in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated.