Chocolate Mousse - an elegant, smooth, airy and chocolaty dessert. This is a dessert served in many restaurants and may seem complicated or sophisticated. Don't be afraid to give this chocolate mousse a try, it's not difficult at all. Actually it's quite easy and will surely impress your guests.
Makes 2-3 servings
5.5 oz (150 g) dark chocolate
3 eggs, separated
3 tbsp (50g) butter
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
flavors - you choose (rum, orange, zest, lemon zest, mint, etc)
1. Melt chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Add butter and incorporate until well blended.
2. Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.
3. Beat the yolks with your chosen flavor ingredients, add to chocolate mixture.
4. Fold in a spoonful of the whites into chocolate mixture then pour chocolate into the remaining whites and fold gently until well combined.
5. Pour the mousse into serving bowls. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate few hours or overnight. Decorate if desired before serving.