It can take a little while for the implications of object-oriented programming to really sink in, but we start discussing them here as we compare OOP with typical procedural code (or, the code we tend to use when we just want to get something done).
You can also watch this video on our site to experience our unique, user-friendly interface and access great online tools, such as:
* Clickable transcripts for each video, making it easy to scan ahead and review
* See at a glance which videos you've already watched
* Create playlists and mark videos as favorites
The direct URL is buildamodule.com/video/drupal-8-developer-prep-object-oriented-programming-basics-the-difference-between-procedural-and-object-oriented-programming
This is one of many videos in a series on BuildAModule.com
called "Drupal 8 Developer Prep". This collection is currently being released with more videos added weekly!
In this series, we'll go over the new concepts and techniques being introduced in Drupal 8, build a simple Drupal 8 module, and go through the basics of object oriented programming. But that's not all... With a Drupal 8 release just on the horizon, you can be sure we'll have plenty more Drupal 8 goodness where that came from!
You can watch hours of FREE focused Drupal video tutorials on BuildAModule.com
. To view the entire list of over 1000+ videos, simply go to BuildAModule.com
and scroll down.
Current collections available include:
* Introduction (1 hours, 8 videos)
* Build Your First Drupal 7 Web Site (11 hours, 208 videos)
* Advanced Site Building in Drupal 7 (10 hours, 246 videos)
* PHP Programming Basics (11 hours, 154 videos)
* Drupal 7 Development Core Concepts (13 hours, 135 videos)
* Change Management and Version Control (10 hours, 126 videos)
* Drupal Theming Essentials (9 hours, 80 videos)
* Drupal 6 Development and Tools (9 hours, 34 videos)
* Working with Files and the File API (3 hours, 24 videos)
Here are a few nice things that viewers have had to say about BuildAModule.com
"Many thanks for the terrific video series on Drupal 7 - your excellent videos are simply the best source of training and information on Drupal in existence!"
"Chris has put together some of the best Drupal training material I've seen to date. I run a Drupal shop, and several of my developers have used Build a Module.com
to get up to speed with working in Drupal 7. From what I've heard, they found the experience extremely valuable, and what's great for us as a team is that they can always go back and review material when they're tackling a particular problem."
"Firstly, let me say that I am finding your videos extremely helpful. It's always difficult at first to get into something new but your videos are really helping me find my way in."
"I recently bought the download of your twelve Drupal 7 Core Concepts videos. I am new to Drupal and they are excellent. In fact they are the best tutorial videos I have ever used in the past ten years of teaching myself HTML and PHP and then Joomla (I know, I was just experimenting.) and now Drupal."
To start learning how to build web sites, develop code or theme in Drupal, check out the full video library at BuildAModule.com