Text version of the video
All ASP .NET Text Articles
All ASP .NET Slides
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in English
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in Arabic
In this video we will learn about
1. Adding items to the DropDownList control at design time using the HTML
2. Adding items to the DropDownList control at runtime using the code
3. DropDownList is a collection of ListItem objects
4. The ListItems can be added to the DropDownList at the design time or at the runtime
5. If you want a specific listitem to be selected in the dropdownlist, set the Selected property of the ListItem object to true.
6. To hide a ListItem in the DropDownList, set the Enabled property to False.
7. If you are adding listitem objects, to the DropDownList in the Page_Load event, make sure you do only when the page is loaded for the first time. Otherwise, every time, you post the page back, by clicking a button, the list items will be added again causing duplication.
8. A DropDownList is a collection of ListItem objects. Along the same lines, the following controls are also a collection of ListItem objects. So, adding items to these controls is also very similar to DropDownList.
CheckBoxList, RadioButtonList, BulletedList, ListBox