Link for all dot net and sql server video tutorial playlists
Link for slides, code samples and text version of the video
In this video we will discuss using Model First Approach of Entity Framework. This is continuation to Part 1. Please watch Part 1 before proceeding.
Entity Framework supports the following three approaches
1. Schema First Approach - Discussed in Part 1
2. Model First Approach - In this video.
3. Code First Approach - Next Video
In the Model First Approach, we first create the Entity Model. That is we create
2. Relationships between entities
3. Inheritance hierarchies etc.
We do all this directly on the design surface of the EDMX file. We will be continuing with the same example that we started in Part 1 of Entity Framework Tutorial.
To add navigation properties to entities, right click on the deisgn surface and select "Add - Association" from the context menu.