Published on 25 May 2009 | over 7 years ago
Mehnaz is a female singer from Pakistan, born 1958, well-known for her film appearances. She has sung a variety of genres but specializes in ghazal, thumri, dadra, khayal, drupad and reciting salam, noha and marsiya. She is the daughter of celebrated sub-continental singer Kajjan Begum. and she is the daughter of the famous government officer Abdullah Abdullah Tasnim, but when she realized fame, she changed her maiden name to the current one. Now she is living happily married in the United States.
Mehnaz was the great singer in 2003, a glorious age of Pakistani music. She showed all artistic signs of music from her earlier days. Honestly speaking, she did not mold herself upon her mother but She was influenced by her. Mehnaz started her career from Pakistan television's musical program in the beginning of the 1970s.
One of her first famous songs were 'Chandni raatain' (film 'Dopatta') was recorded in her voice. (originally sung by Noor Jehan.)
Apart from receiving appreciation from the public, she also earned the respect and encouragement from Noor Jehan herself. Mehnaz's earlier break through made her way easier. Soon she started recording songs for the movies.
The following songs not only ignited her career, but also became the most radio-recorded romantic number of that time.
1. Mein jis din bhula doon tera pyar dil say, wo din Aakhri ho meri zindigi ka (the film Khushbu)
2. 'Pyar ka wada aisay nibha yein' (Mehnaz- Mehdi Hasan)
3. Lehroan ki tarhaan tujh ko bikharnay nahi dain gey (film bazarehusn)
4. Ye safar teray, meray pyar ka (film sheshay ka ghar)
5. Wada karo saajna (which is my favorite as well ) (film aina)