Published on 05 Sep 2010 | over 6 years ago
Shahi tukda is a simple and delicious recipe make from milk and bread. This is a lovely dessert that can be easily made at home.
1 liter Milk
4 bread slices cut in to squares
1 cup sugar
½ cup of pure ghee
½ cup of water
½ tsp of saffron
½ tsp cardamom powder
Few chopped almond and pistachio
1. Place milk in a thick bottomed kadai and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and allow it to reduce to ¼ of its original quantity. Keep stirring the milk continuously from time to time.
2. In another bowl, place water and sugar. On low to medium flame, let the sugar dissolve completely. Add ½ tsp of Saffron. Once it dissolves completely, allow to cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add ghee. Once it's hot, place all the bread pieces and fry over slow flame. After couple of minutes, flip to the other side. Fry the bread pieces to a golden shade on both sides. Remove and place on a plate.
4. Dip each bread piece in the sugar syrup to coat both the sides and remove onto a serving dish.
5. At the time of serving, pour the thickened milk or over the bread slices, garnish with toasted nuts and kismis and serve.
6. Once the milk is reduce to ¼ of its original quantity add sugar, cardamom powder and mix. Turn off heat and bring to room temperature.
7. Soak each slice in the sugar syrup and arrange it in a plate. Then pour the rabri over the bread slices to soak well. Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachio.
Yummy Shahi Tukda is ready... Serve Chilled..