Click to SUBSCRIBE for more BOLD recipes! bit.ly/1eVfGZ1
Make the perfect chocolate lava cake with my easy recipe!
Hi Bold Bakers! I love chocolate lava cake but sometimes they just don't turn out. So this week I'll show you how to make an amazing dessert every time, and we'll make it BIG & BOLD with a NEW no machine ice cream flavor. Enjoy!
JUST RELEASED! Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies: bit.ly/GHotChocCookies
Homemade Ice Cream (No Machine): bit.ly/1kixW2m
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Gemma's Chocolate Molten Lava Cake (Chocolate Fondant)
1 cup (8.5 oz) Dark Chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
¾ cup (6oz) unsalted butter
½ cup caster sugar
4 eggs (at room temperature)
½ cup All purpose flour, sifted
1. First step, melt the butter and chocolate together over a bon marie or in the microwave gently
2. In a stand mixer (or hand beater) Beat the eggs and sugar on high until really fluffy and pales in color. This takes around 4 minutes.
3. When thick and hold ribbons, turn the machine on slow and drizzle in the cooled chocolate mix. Turn off the machine and run a spatula around the bowl to make sure all the chocolate is mixed in
4. Sift the flour over the chocolate mix and gently fold in until dispersed. Take care not to over mix the flour in. It will toughen your cake.
5. Butter tea cups, mug or a ramekin (roughly 1 cup) well. Scoop 1 cup of cake mix into your cup. If not baking off straight away, store in the fridge for up to 4 days. It will be happy in there. Here's the tricky part: Set a timer and bake the Lava cake on a baking tray at 400F for 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully if your oven tends to run hotter and that they don't over cook.
6. TIP: Bake off one on its own first to check your desired baking time. Depending on how much 'Lava' you like there are seconds in the difference so check the fondant at 10 minutes. If you want to cook for longer check them in another 30 seconds. My sweet spot is around 11 minutes, not too much Lava, a bit runny and the cake is mousse like.
7. Once baked you can let it sit for a minute but know that the longer it sits them more it cooks inside and is not as gooey.
8. Serve in the mug with Gemma's No Machine Ice Cream!
Pistachio Raspberry Ice Cream: Mix in ¼ cup of chopped, lightly toasted pistachios and ¼ cup of raspberry puree into 2 cups of no machine Ice cream base. Freeze for 6-8 hours and serve with your Lava Cake.