More Animal Print Cakes: youtu.be/bZmAEqFQW7U
Learn how to make a rainbow leopard cake in this video tutorial.
Blog post for this Rainbow Leopard Print Cake here: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/
Leopard Cake Ingredients:
• 6 cups vanilla cake batter (youtu.be/XaNELscDtms)
• 6 cups vanilla buttercream (youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE)
• Gel paste (deep pink, sky blue, yellow, orange, purple, black)
Rainbow Leopard Cake Procedure:
1. Divide vanilla cake batter into the following amounts: 4 cups (no colour), 1 cup (black), 1/4-1/2 cups per bowl (x 5 for each colour). Colour batter as required and put batter into piping bags.
2. Into a greased 8" round cake pan, place 1/2 cup of vanilla cake batter into the bottom of the pan, and use an offset spatula to smooth covering the entire bottom.
3. Using the black cake batter, pipe 5 circles on top of the cake batter, starting about 1/2" from the edge of the pan, and working towards the center.
4. With the coloured cake batter, pipe directly over top of the black line. Use one colour per circle.
5. Using the black cake batter, go back over the coloured lines.
6. With plain vanilla batter in a piping bag, fill empty spaces between circles with batter. Also cover the circles with cake batter.
7. Bake cake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Repeat steps 1-7, two more times so that there are three layers of cake. Cool each layer completely.
9. Once cooled, stack cakes and layer with a thin layer of buttercream.
10. Dived and colour remaining vanilla buttercream with gel paste and place into piping bags. Place the black buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a #10 tip.
11. Pipe the coloured buttercream on to the side of the cake making thick lines of icing.
12. Using an icing scraper or flat spatula, "wipe" buttercream off the side of the cake, smoothing it flat. Repeat for the top of the cake.
13. Allow buttercream to crust, and then pipe flat black erratic circles for the leopard spots.
14. Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve. Cake is best consumed within 2-3 days.
Visit my blog at: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Subscribe to my NEW SECOND CHANNEL: goo.gl/gIoRUy