Published on 06 Jul 2014 | over 3 years ago
Prepositions - 'With', 'Over' & 'By' - English Grammar Lesson
1. Used to indicate being together.
I ordered a sandwich with a drink.
He was with his friends last nigh.
2. Used to indicate having something.
Were you the one talking with an accent?
I met a guy with green eyes.
3. Used to indicate using something.
I wrote a letter with a pen you gave me.
This is the soup I made with rice and barley.
4. Used to indicate feelings.
I walked on the stage with confidence.
I am emailing you with my sincere apologies.
1. To indicate movement.
Come over to my house for dinner sometime.
They sent over a gift for this birthday.
2. To indicate downward movement.
The big tree fell over a car.
Can you bend over and pick the keys?
3. To indicate more than expected.
The phone rang for over a minute.
The money offered was over our expectation.
4. To indicate a period of time.
I worked there over 5 years.
I am stressed about this issue for over a month.
1. To indicate closeness.
Can I sit by you?
The post office is by the bank.
2. To indicate a passive voice sentence.
The microwave was fixed by the mechanic.
The flowers were delivered by the florist.
3. To indicate an action with a purpose.
You can pass the exam by studying hard.
I expressed my feelings by writing her a letter.
4. To indicate a method.
Please send the package by Air-Mail.
I came here by car.
Report video function is under development.