Published on 19 Oct 2016 | about 1 month ago
Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Smackdown Live results for October 18, 2016. The show featured any man with two hands, James Ellsworth, taking on AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Smackdown column.
WWE Smackdown Live Results:
— Randy Orton made his way to the ring and said he is wrath and vengeance, and he is coming for Bray Wyatt. Wyatt appeared on the video screen, lying in a casket and surrounded by people in sheep masks. Bray said that Orton doesn’t have to come for him, because he’s going to take Randy on a journey. Then Luke Harper entered the arena.
1. Randy Orton defeated Luke Harper. During the match, Wyatt was rolled to ringside in a casket. Orton hit the rop-hung DDT, but Wyatt ran in and attacked Orton to give him the disqualification victory.
— After the match, Harper and Wyatt attacked Orton and tried to put him in the casket, but Kane was inside it. Kane and Orton go for their finishers, but the lights go out and when they come back on, Wyatt and Harper are gone.
2. Alexa Bliss defeated Naomi. Bliss hit the Twisted Bliss to win by pinfall. Renee Young interviewed Bliss after the match and she said that she’s going to end Becky Lynch’s fairytale in three weeks in Scotland.
— Apollo Crews was waiting in the ring while Curt Hawkins made his entrance. Hawkins insulted Crews, who punched him, so Hawkins left the ring. He said that Crews ruined his debut and then left.
— Carmella came to the ring and started to badmouth Nikki Bella. Nikki came out and verbally sparred with her. Carmella accused Nikki of being a clingy gold digger who thinks she’s hot stuff because she’s with John Cena. Carmella said she tells the truth and blames Nikki’s success on nepotism.
3. The Miz and the Spirit Squad defeated Heath Slater, Rhyno and Dolph Ziggler. Rhyno hit the Gore on Mikey while Slater used an O’Conner roll on Kenny, but Miz blindsided Slater and allowed Kenny to get a schoolboy roll-up for the pin.
4. Baron Corbin defeated Jack Swagger. Corbin pinned Swagger after a short-arm version of the End of Days.
5. WWE World Championship Match: James Ellsworth defeated AJ Styles (c) by disqualification. Dean Ambrose was the guest ring announcer and kept interrupting the match with distracting comments. He angered Styles so much that Styles was DQ’d for refusing to stop beating up Ellsworth in the corner.
— After the match, Ambrose hit Styles with Dirty Deeds and then announced Ellsworth as the winner, and as having more victories over AJ Styles than John Cena.