Gluten free Jalebi recipe known as Jhangri at youtu.be/_fr5BmYU6IA
More recipes at www.bhavnaskitchen.com
Topics @ www.desiviva.com
Download Bhavna's Kitchen apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
Like me on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/superveggiedelight
Tweet with me on TWITTER www.twitter.com/bhavnaskitchen
Maida 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Corn starch 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder 2 Pinch
Yogurt 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Saffron 2 Pinch
Rapid rise yeast 1 Teaspoon
Baking powder 1 Teaspoon
Sugar 1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sugar syrup)
Water 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (for sugar syrup)
To make regular traditional batter :
1. In a bowl mix 1 cup maida, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 pinch turmeric powder and mix with yogurt.
2. Add water and mix to get a lump free batter.
3. Cover and allow it to ferment for 2 -24 hours.
4. Add the saffron powder baking powder and oil and mix well.
To make instant batter:
5. Heat water to lukewarm temperature in the microwave.
6. Add and mix 1 tsp sugar and add rapid rise yeast and leave it aside to rise.
7. In a bowl add 1/2 cup maida and 1/2 tbsp corn starch and a pinch turmeric powder.
8. Crush saffron into powder and mix into the maida.
9. Add 1 tbsp yogurt and add yeast mixture
10. Cover it and let it rise for about 15-20 minutes.
11. Add little oil and water and mix to get smooth consistency.
To make sugar syrup:
12. Mix sugar and water in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer till 1 thread consistency is attained.
13. Bring down the temperature of the sugar syrup once the consistency is attained.
14. Squeeze lime juice to prevent crystallization and mix saffron, rose syrup and cardamom powder.
To make jalebis :
15. Make a small-needle sized hole in a ziplock bag and fill with the jalebi mixture.
16. Alternately fill a squeezing bottle with the mixture.
17. Heat oil in a deep fry pan and squeeze the jalebis.
18. Immerse in the sugar syrup for about 20 seconds and remove.
19. Serve over special occasions or Diwali and Holi.