K mapping method helps in minimizing the number of literals in a Boolean expression. The following steps may be followed for mapping and simplification of the Boolean Functions:-
1. Identify the square corresponding to each term in the Boolean expression.
1. Enter value 1 in the respective square of the K map.
2. Identify adjacent 1's to form group.
3. Each two adjacent 1's may be combined in a group to eliminate one literal.
4. Each four adjacent 1's may be combined in a group to eliminate two literals.
5. Final expression consists of logical addition of the terms representing the groups in the K map.