More Ice Cream Cakes: goo.gl/jgzfSH
Learn how make an ice cream sandwich in giant form in this video tutorial.
Our homemade ice cream video here: youtu.be/lKhVjgker9E
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Visit my blog at: cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Subscribe to my NEW SECOND CHANNEL: goo.gl/gIoRUy
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (270 g)
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder (60 g)
• 1 cup sugar (200 g)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar (90 g)
• 1 tsp baking soda (4.7 g)
• 1/2 tsp salt (2.5 g)
• 1 cup water (240 mL)
• 9 tbsp vegetable oil (133 mL)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
• 1 tbsp vinegar (15 mL)
Preheat oven to 350F
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, cocoa, salt, baking soda) and mix until the colour is uniform and ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
2. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add each of the wet ingredients (water, oil, vanilla, vinegar), and continue to mix until the batter is equally moist.
3. Divide batter equally between two greased 8" pans and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove from pans, and allow to cool completely.
• 8" chocolate cakes (2)
• Vanilla Ice Cream
• Rainbow sprinkles
1. Pour slightly softened ice cream into an 8" springform pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze until solid.
2. Place one half of the chocolate cake onto a cake board or plate.
3. Remove ice cream from springform pan, and place ice cream slab on top of chocolate cake.
4. Apply sprinkles to the sides of the cake by pressing into the ice cream portion.
5. Place second chocolate cake slab on top of the ice cream slab.
6. Return cake to freezer to solidify again before slicing and serving.
7. Once solid, serve as desired.