Connect with Wrestling Reality
Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for November 21, 2016. Monday’s show featured all the fallout from Sunday’s Survivor Series pay-per-view, including a tag team title match and another appearance from Goldberg, who is not actually one-and-done after all.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
— The show opened with Goldberg making his entrance to the ring and cutting a promo. He thanked the fans and his family for their support. He did what he said he was going to do, and he thought all good things must come to an end, but on his way to the back on Sunday night, Stephanie McMahon asked him if he had one last title run left in him. He said you bet your ass I do, and she told him the road to the title runs through the Royal Rumble. He announced he would be in the Royal Rumble, and everyone is next.
1. WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) defeated Cesaro and Sheamus. Cesaro had the Sharpshooter locked in on Kofi Kingston, but Xavier Woods hopped up on the apron and distracted the referee just as Kofi tapped. When the referee turned back around, Kofi rolled up Cesaro for the three-count.
2. Cedric Alexander defeated Ariya Daivari. Alexander won by pinfall after the Lumbar Check.
— Chris Jericho hosted the Highlight Reel, with Kevin Owens as his guest. The two argued about whether they were still best friends after Owens used the list to attack AJ Styles and get disqualified at Survivor Series. Eventually they both agreed that it was Roman Reigns’ fault they were eliminated and agreed to still be best friends. They started running down Reigns and Seth Rollins when Rollins’ music hit and he came out. He demanded his match against Owens for the Universal Championship tonight. The three began brawling, and then Reigns came out to even the odds. Mick Foley came out and made a No DQ match between Rollins and Owens for the Universal Championship, with Jericho and Reigns banned from ringside.
3. Rusev defeated Enzo Amore. Rusev forced Enzo to tap out to the Accolade. Rusev and Big Cass stared each other down after the match.
4. The Club defeated Golden Truth. This was for a shot at The New Day’s tag titles next week. Luke Gallows pinned Goldust after the Magic Killer.
5. Braun Strowman defeated Sami Zayn. Mick Foley had put Zayn in this match as punishment for losing at Survivor Series. Strowman jumped Zayn before the bell and mauled him so severely that Foley had to come out to order the referee to stop the match and award the decision to Braun.
— Charlotte and Dana Brooke came to the ring. Charlotte talked about how she’s the greatest athlete of all time and is above all the other women in WWE. Sasha Banks interrupted her promo and demanded her title rematch. Nia Jax then came out and called out Sasha, calling her overrated. Nia and Charlotte attacked Sasha until Bayley made the save.
6. Sasha Banks and Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax. Sasha managed to get Charlotte to tap out to the Banks Statement.
7. Triple Threat Match: Rich Swann defeated TJ Perkins and Noam Dar. This match was to determine who will face Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Championship next week. Kendrick sat in on commentary for this one. Swann won with the Swann Kick to TJP for the pin.
8. No Disqualification Match for the WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens (c) defeated Seth Rollins. Even though he was banned from ringside, Chris Jericho showed up in the crowd in a Sin Cara mask and started fighting with Rollins. That allowed Owens the opening he needed to hit an apron powerbomb and pin Rollins.