Published on 05 Feb 2013 | over 5 years ago
In this video, I demonstrate another South Asian favorite- the Seekh Kebab. This is a dish made with minced meat, and mixed with spices. Enjoy!
-1 Lb. minced thick ground chicken
-1 small finely chopped onion
-½ cup finely chopped cilantro (aka coriander leaves)
-1 tbsp finely chopped green chili (optional)
-1 tsp red chili flakes or chili powder (optional)
-1 tbsp coarse ground coriander
-1 tsp white roasted cumin, coarse ground
-½ tsp fennel, coarse ground
-1 tsp salt
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp cornstarch
-1 tbsp rice flour
-1 egg white, beaten well
-1 tbsp ghee (or melted butter)
1. Mix all dry spices together, including the cornstarch and rice flour
2. Add chopped onions, green chili, and cilantro to minced chicken and mix well
3. Add dry ingredient mix to minced chicken, mixing well with hands. Add soya sauce.
4. Add ghee or melted butter, then add beaten egg white, and mix further with hands.
5. Take a handful of the minced chicken mix, and using slightly oiled hands, wrap it around a greased chopstick. Slide off stick, leaving a small hole through the kebab - this will ensure even cooking. Continue making kebabs with the rest of the minced chicken mix.
6. Cook kebabs on a slightly greased frying or rilling pan on medium heat for ~10-12 minutes.
Report video function is under development.