For more information about Professor Shankar's book based on the lectures from this course, Fundamentals of Physics: Mechanics, Relativity, and Thermodynamics, visit bit.ly/1jFIqNu
Fundamentals of Physics (PHYS 200)
The focus of the lecture is on fluid dynamics and statics. Different properties are discussed, such as density and pressure. Archimedes' Principle is introduced and demonstrated through a number of problems. The final topic of the lecture is Bernoulli's Equation.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Fluid Dynamics and Statics — The Notion of Pressure
- Chapter 2. Fluid Pressure as a Function of Height
- Chapter 3. The Hydraulic Press
- Chapter 4. Archimedes' Principle
- Chapter 5. Bernoulli's Equation
- Chapter 6. The Equation of Continuity
- Chapter 7. Applications of Bernoulli's Equation
Complete course materials are available at the Yale Online website: online.yale.edu
This course was recorded in Fall 2006.