Best video editing software for YouTube (free & pro)
NEW LIST ► channelempire.com/best-video-editing-software-youtube
Get your free eBook: channelempire.com/vip
Here are some video editing software recommendations for creating your YouTube videos.
Best Video Editor for Beginners:
Filmora (PC/Mac) ChannelEmpire.com/Filmora
- Easy-to-use and affordable video editing program for beginners
Basic Video Editing Programs (Free)
YouTube Video Editor (PC/Mac) youtube.com/editor
- YouTube's very own video editor. It's very basic and okay to use as a beginner, but I don't recommend using it for too long because of the lack of features and the fact it's an online editor.
Windows Movie Maker (PC) windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker
- Free video editor for Windows users. It works well and is recommended for beginners who are just diving into video editing. Very basic. Better than the YouTube editor but don't expect too much.
iMovie (Mac) apple.com/mac/imovie
- An easy to use video editor for Mac users. iMovie has a good amount of features built into it and can be used as your go-to editor for a very long time. A lot of YouTubers use this. I used it for years. Highly recommended.
LightWorks (PC/Mac) lwks.com
- I personally haven't used LightWorks, but it is talked about a lot as being one of the best free video editing programs for Mac and Windows users. Try it out and see what all the fuss is about. You might like it.
Professional Video Editing Programs (Paid)
Pinnacle Studio (PC) ► channelempire.com/go/pinnacle-studio
- An affordable entry-level program that is slightly better than a free video editor.
Corel VideoStudio Pro ► channelempire.com/go/corel-videostudio-pro
CyberLink PowerDirector ► channelempire.com/powerdirector
Adobe Premiere Elements ► amzn.to/1CrmHiA
Camtasia (PC/Mac) ► amzn.to/1D95wCN
- Camtasia is a bit pricy, but it is nice to have because not only does it perform as a good video editing program, but it also has the ability to record your computer screen. It's good for intermediate users who want more features than the basic free video editing programs.
ScreenFlow (Mac) ► amzn.to/1wXZNPs
- ScreenFlow is a fantastic video editor which also has the ability record your computer screen like Camtasia. For Mac users I highly recommend ScreenFlow. It's easy to use, and it's pretty affordable. I still use it to make a lot of my YouTube videos.
Adobe Premiere Pro (PC/Mac) ► adobe.com/products/premiere.html
- Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the most powerful video editing programs for Mac and Windows. If you want the most features then think about going with this. It's more difficult to learn, but it's one of the most popular professional video editors available.
Final Cut Pro (Mac) ► apple.com/final-cut-pro
- Final Cut Pro X is what I use for most of my YouTube videos. If you're on a Mac and you've been using iMovie but you want the next step up, then I'd recommend going to Final Cut Pro. It's layout is similar to iMovie, and it's easier to learn than Adobe Premiere Pro in my opinion. It'll give you a ton of features that will make it possible to create some very professional looking videos.
Sony Vegas (PC) ► bit.ly/1U10dl1
Windows users: Complete beginners should start with Windows Movie Maker to get the feel of the video editing process. Then move onto an intermediate program like Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Elements, or CyberLink PowerDirector. When you're ready to get the most powerful, go with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Mac users: Beginners should start off with iMovie since it's free for all Macs, plus it's easy to use. Then get ScreenFlow when you're ready for an intermediate program. When you're ready to create professional videos, go with Final Cut Pro.
I hope this guide helps you out, but remember: the most important thing is not what video editor you choose but how you use it. Pick one and learn as much about it as possible. The better you know your video editing software, the faster you'll edit, and the more videos you can produce in less time!
Share this vid! youtu.be/nKRRdOR5vDQ
Thanks for watching:
Top 8 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube