Easy Pizza Recipe: How to Make a Pepperoni and a Cheese Pizza
Professional chef and author, Cricket Azima for the Betty Crocker kitchens shares her secrets on how to make an Extra-Easy Pizza with your family. This great recipe starts with a light flakey crust and ends with customized toppings so that everyone has their favorite combo. Bon Appétit!
Extra Easy Pizza Recipe
1 ½ cups Original Bisquick mix
1/3 cup very hot water
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
1 package (3 1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
½ cup sliced fresh mushroom
½ cup chopped bell pepper
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease 12-inch pizza pan. Stir together Bisquick mix and very hot water; beat 20 strokes until soft dough forms.
2. Press dough in pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with remaining ingredients.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Makes 8 servings
Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
3 cups Original Bisquick mix
2/3 cup very hot water
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
¾ cup diced pepperoni
4 sticks Colby-Monterey Jack string cheese (from 10-oz package), cut in half lengthwise
1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1. Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, hot water and oil with fork until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Let stand 8 minutes.
2. Pat or press dough in bottom and 1 inch over side of pizza pan. Lightly press 1/4 cup of the pepperoni along edge of dough. Place string cheese over pepperoni along edge of dough, overlapping if necessary. Fold 1-inch edge of dough over and around cheese and pepperoni; press to seal. Bake 7 minutes.
3. Spread pizza sauce over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the Italian cheese, remaining 1/2 cup pepperoni, the mushrooms, bell pepper and olives. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
4. Bake 9 to 12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings