SUBSCRIBE Here: bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Make the best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls without a machine!
VISIT my Website to print & share the Recipe: www.biggerbolderbaking.com/cinnamon-rolls/
NEW VIDEO--Microwave Mug Meals: bit.ly/MugMealsVid
WATCH my NEW recipes:
* Dessert Pizza: bit.ly/GemmasDessertPizza
* Homemade Pop-Tarts Recipe: bit.ly/GemmasPopTarts
WATCH the more episodes of Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* Brownie Layer Cake with Cookie Dough Frosting: bit.ly/GemmasBrownieCake
* Homemade Donuts: bit.ly/gemmasdonuts
* 1 Minute Mug Cakes: bit.ly/gemmas1minutecakes
* Secret Monkey Bread: bit.ly/gemmasmonkeybread
* No Machine Ice Cream: bit.ly/Gemmasicecream
Hi Bold Bakers! This week, I'm sharing with you my favorite no-knead method for making yeast dough. I think you'll enjoy this technique because you don't need a mixer, and the results are incredible. We'll be making BIG & BOLD Cinnamon Rolls and I hope these become some of your favorites as much as they are mine. So let's get baking!
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Gemma's Cinnamon Rolls (No Knead, No Mixer)
Dough from (www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ridiculously-easy-no-knead-sticky-buns-recipe)
3 1/2 cups (1 lb 1oz/ 470g) All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tablespoon salt
3/4 tablespoons dried yeast
1 cup (7oz/200g) milk
½ cups(3.5oz/100g) water
2 large eggs
1/4 cup (3oz/85g) honey
1/4 cup (2oz/60g) melted butter or vegetable oil
For the Filling:
1/2 cup (4oz/120g) butter
1 1/4 cups ( 7 ½ oz /210g) packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup (4oz/100g)toasted pecans
Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 oz (110g ) Cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (120g) Powdered sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick/ 2oz)) Butter, room temperature
1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
1. To make the dough, combine all of the dry ingredients in a very large bowl.
2. In a separate jug add in the milk, water, honey and butter. Heat it in the microwave until it is warm (at blood temperature) and the butter has melted. Whisk in the eggs quickly.
3. Stir the wet into the dry to make a sticky dough. You can simply mix with a spoon until there are no flour lumps yet. Scrape down the dough from the sides of the bowl.
4. Cover the bowl, and let the dough rise for 2 hours at cool room temperature. It will triple in size
5. After this, REFRIGERATE THE DOUGH FOR AT LEAST 8 HOURS, preferrably over night. It can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before using.
6. When you're ready to make your cinnamon rolls, make the filling. Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
7. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 1/4" thick. It will be long so you can always do it in 2 goes.
8. Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a narrow margin around the edges uncovered.
9. Starting with a long edge, gently roll the dough into a log. Don't roll it too tightly; if you do, the centers of the buns will pop up as they bake.
10. Slice the rolls 2” thick and set them with their cinnamon face up
11. In a deep baking pan lined with parchment space the buns in the pan.
(AT THIS POINT YOU CAN REFRIGERATE TO BAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING DAY IF YOU WISH)
12. Cover the pan, and allow the rolls to rise until they're have grown into each other and are puffed up, about 30-1 hour. (depending on how hot your kitchen is)
(Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375oF/ 190oC)
13. Uncover the pan, and bake the buns for 40 to 45 minutes, till they're a deep golden brown. Rotate the tray during baking so they can get golden brown all over.
14. While they are baking make your glaze: In a large bowl (or you can use a hand mixer) beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla together with a whisk until well combined.
15. Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes. Once cooled remove from the pan and onto a cooling rack .
16. Spread your cream cheese glaze generously over the cinnamon rolls, and devour immediately,