Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich, quick and delicious sandwich!
Recipe link : www.tarladalal.com/Cheesy-Onion-Grilled-Sandwich-5222r
Subscribe : goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich
A filling of sautéed vegetables flavoured with tomato, chilli sauce and cheese the sumptuous cheesy onion grilled sandwich is an ideal breakfast offering.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
8 whole wheat bread slices
butter for brushing
For The Filling
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
2 tsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt to taste
For the filling
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the cabbage, carrots and spring onion greens, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the cheese, switch off the flame and mix well till the cheese melts.
5. Allow it to cool slightly and divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Place 2 whole wheat bread slices on a flat, dry surface and butter them lightly.
2. Place 1 portion of the prepared filling on each bread slice.
3. Butter 2 more bread slices and place them on the filling with the buttered side facing downwards.
4. Brush some more butter on top and grill in a greased griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sandwiches are brown and crisp.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 2 more sandwiches.
6. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.