Published on 23 Feb 2011 | over 6 years ago
PNS HIMALAYA is situated in Manora which is an island at the entrance to Karachi harbour. It is connected by road and boat service to Karachi City, Various facilities of the Establishment are spread over 1.8 Kms along the sea front.
HISTORY: HMIS HIMALAYA was commissioned on 27 November 1943. Originally it had a Gunnery School and a Diving Section. When Pakistan gained independence in 1947, PNS HIMALAYA was further developed over the years with the addition of other professional schools. In December 1970, as a result of re-distribution of responsibilities of Naval Establishments on the Island of Manora, PNS HIMALAYA was entrusted with the additional responsibility of training of new entry sailors In 1980. Diving Section at PNS HIMALAYA was upgraded and renamed as PN Diving School in 1982. However the functions of New Entry and Diving Schools at PNS HIMALAYA were enhanced and improved to provide quality training.