Published on 31 Oct 2011 | over 5 years ago
The Holy Quran, Surah Ya Sin, Chapter No. 36
Surah Ya-Sin is known as the Heart of the Quran.
THE VIRTUES AND BENEFITS OF SURAH YA-SIN
1. The Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi waalihi wasalam) said, Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Quran is Yasin. I would love that it be in the heart of every person of my people[Bazzar]. (S.Muhammad Ali Sabuni, Tafsir-al-SabuniVol.2)
2. The Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi waalihi wasalam) said, Whoever recites Yasin once Allah will record the reward of reciting the Quran ten times.[Maqal, Tirmidhi 2812/A & Dhahabi]
3. It has been reported by Aisha (radiAllahu anha)that the Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi waalihi wasalam) said that there is a surah in the Quran that intercedes for its reciter and forgive its listener. Know! It is Surah Yasin. It is called Muamma in the Torah. It was enquired, what is Muamma? The Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi waalihi wasalam) said, it embraces the person with the goodness of this world and removes the dismay of the Hereafter[Hashiya of Tafsir Jalalalayn , pg 368].
4. The Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi waalihi wasalam) said, Whoever recited Surah Yasin in the night seeking Allahs pleasure, Allah would forgive him[Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Ibn Mardawaih]
5. Ma`qil ibn Yasar (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allahs blessings and peace be upon him, his family, companions, and followers) said,Ya Sin is the heart of the Quran. No one reads it intending thereby Allah and the Next Abode except that Allah forgives them. Recite it for your deceased ones. [Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Nasa'i (this wording is his), and Hakim, who deemed it rigorously authenticated (sahih)]
6. Imam Ghazali explained that this is because soundness of faith rests on acknowledging Resurrection and Judgment, and Surat Ya Sin details this in the most emphatic of ways. Imam Fakhr al-Din al-Razi concurred.
7. Imam Tibi explained in his commentary on Mishkat al-Masabih that Surah Ya Sin was called the Heart of the Qur an because of what it contains of overwhelming proofs, decisive signs, subtle spiritual meanings, eloquent admonition, and stern warnings.